Established in 2008, the Centre for Buddhist Studies’ (CeBS) main aim is to promote research-based knowledge on Buddhism and Buddhist Philosophy. The Centre’s organization of the 4th South and South East Asian Association for Culture and Religion (SSEASR) conference in Bhutan in May 2011 is an example of the Centre’s focus to serve as the premier point of reference for Buddhism in the country.
Recent events include the first-ever National Conference on Buddhism in collaboration with Tango Buddhist University, and Academic Writing workshops.
Vision: To be a distinctive Centre for Buddhist studies and research
- Promote research-based knowledge on Buddhism through seminars, workshops and conferences,
- Foster collaborative research with universities and institutions both nationally and internationally,
- Document and publish research works in the field of Buddhism,
- Serve as the premier point of reference on Buddhism, and
- Impart deeper knowledge on Buddhism.